Welcome to Niagara on the Lake Horticultural Society
Our Society was established in 1917 and is one of the oldest Horticultural Societies in Ontario. We are a nonprofit charitable organization. We are affiliated with the Ontario Horticultural Association, which has led Ontarians in all things horticultural since 1906. There are 19 Districts, with 285 local societies and over 40,000 members. Our 200+ Society members contribute thousands of hours a year to public service.
For our Facebook Page: facebook.com/notlhortsociety.
The 2018 Garden Tour is on July 7 this year.... For the Brochure / Garden Details / Tickets ,Click on the Garden Tour page link above or below.
Last year's tour was fortunate to have the best weather and the highest attendance we have had over the past five years. We welcomed over 1100++ visitors. They visited and enjoyed 10 eclectic gardens spread throughout the historic Old Town. They saw and spoke to passionate owners, listened to a variety of musicians, lovely painters and learned from an interesting DIY workshop. Click on the Garden Tour Menu above for more Info. Thank You to All!
WHAT WE DO:
- Educate our members on a variety of horticultural topics and instruct proper gardening techniques through speakers and workshops.
- Continue working with the town of Niagara on the Lake, encouraging everyone to respect our environment.
- Promote horticulture to young people through donations and bursaries to schools and other organizations.
- Encourage the use and enjoyment of horticulture with our members, community and to visitors to Niagara through monthly meetings, garden tours and plant sales, providing flowers to residents in local nursing homes and other initiatives.
- Give back to the community through the encouragement and financial support of garden related community projects.
OUR VISION is to further the knowledge of horticulture, stimulating an interest in gardening in our community and with our youth. We encourage the beautification of both public and private spaces.
The Niagara-on-the Lake Horticultural Society is part of District 9 which encompasses 13 Societies the others being Dunnville, Fort Erie, Lincoln, Grimsby, Niagara Falls, Pelham, Port Colborne, Ridgeway, St. Catharines, Smithville, Thorold & Welland.
District 9 gardens range from a Zone 5 to Zone 6 with various soil conditions.
For membership info contact our Membership Director email@example.com.
For further Society information, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of our Board Members, please click here.
For For the Society Constitution - Click =>Adobe PDF
For For the Society By-Laws - Click =>Adobe PDF
NOTL Horticultural Society, P.O. Box 734, Niagara on the Lake, ON L0S 1J0